BESDATA EEG Electrodes Your Most Reliable EEG Electrodes Solutions Partner
BESDATA is a reliable and 10 years experienced company that specializes in design and manufacture various material of EEG Electrodes, EEG Caps, EEG Gel and Paste. BESDATA is an FDA, CE, and CFDA approved EEG electrodes supplier in China that passed ISO13485. BESDATA EEG electrodes have various selections. BESDATA Provides disposable, reusable EEG Electrodes. Type of cup including stamped, casted and more. You can also contact us for your OEM/ODM requirement.
BESDATA EEG Electrodes
BESDATA EEG Electrodes Advantage:
1, Cups material: Pure Silver, Gold coated 10μm， Sintered AgCl.
Could get down the resistance in a short time, also the DC offset very stable, No potential drift.
2, Cable material: Medical grade TPU cover, Copper coated Silver wire core with Kevlar tensile wire.
3, Connector: 10000times insertion testing. Pure copper with gold coated. Could insert tightly and smoothly with most EEG device.
Why You Can Trust BESDATA
- Certified EEG Electrodes Supplier and Manufacturer in China
- The most choice of different design electrodes shape and material
- Offer OEM Services and all in onesolutions
- Strict Quality Controlconform to ISO13485 for your security and product quality
- Fast, Quick, and Smoother Deliveries
- Well Arranged Documents and secured terms of payments
Reource You Want to Learn
What is the different signal quality between different material EEG Electrodes?
How can I wash and disinfect EEG Electrodes?
What is the difference between stamped and casted EEG Electrodes?
Advanced Technology Video Laryngoscope
BESDATA EEG Electrodes
BESDATA EEG Electrodes is trusted for any medical purposes that pass a lot of audits and receive many international certifications and high standards. Accessible in various materials and selections like silver and gold plated EEG electrodes.
BESDATA EEG Electrodes could offer complete solutions that help you grow your business and save your money and effort.
Why Besdata EEG Electrodes Are Trusted by 1000+ Clients
BESDATA EEG Electrodes
Are you looking for the perfect EEG electrodes producer and custom manufacturer to fulfill your business special request? Well, BESDATA is your perfect choice. We manufacture and produce all types of EEG electrodes and other selections to help you provide all your medical needs.
BESDATA EEG electrodes are a method that is able to record all brain activity by electric activation. The measurement of EEG electrodes is the summation of post-synaptic neurons within 1- 6 cm2 of the cortex.
BESDATA EEG electrodes are high temporal resolution compare with fMRI and PET techniques. It studies various brain activities such as evoked potentials that occur after the stimulus.
BESDATA EEG electrodes have various types you can consider when choosing the right one. There are passive, active, sponge, and dry EEG electrodes. Each type of EEG electrode is made of different materials and styles like silver/silver chloride, available in BrainCap, BrainCap MR, Live Cap, and more options.
BrainCap EEG passive electrodes are manufacture with silver chloride. It applies to the scalp that uses conductive gel with light abrasion. Accessible at your desired types and quantity ready to ship for your urgent needs. It has various LED colors you can choose from.
There Are Many EEG Electrodes Advantages:
- Functionally fast and affordable price offer
- Quality check all functioning of different brain areas
- Suitable and high precision time measurements
- Accurately detect brain activity
BESDATA EEG electrodes have active actiCAP that reduce the impedance of electrodes. There are various EEG electrodes types for preparation time like dry EEG electrodes and gel-based. We ensure your custom EEG electrode needs from various materials, specifications, and more options.
Whether you need them for business supplies, distribution, and more purposes, BESDATA will be your reliable partner to support your whole process. We have great experience in more than 20 years providing one-stop solutions for your business.
High-quality EEG electrodes manufacture with lots of research that meets high standards and receive a lot of international certificates. BESDATA can serve and provide excellent service through strict quality inspections and quality controls. It ensures product quality, functions, packaging, and secured shipment in long-distance deliveries.
Expect a quick response since we serve 24 hours online support. Send your inquiries and details for more information!
Electrodes Of EEG: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In this guide, you will find all information you are looking for about electrodes of EEG.
So, before investing in your next electrodes of EEG, read this guide.
- What Are Electrodes Of EEG?
- What Are The Types Of Electrodes Are Used In EEG?
- Is It Possible To Determine The Accuracy Of Electrodes Of EEG?
- How Is The Measuring Error In Electrodes Of EEG Determined?
- How Should Electrodes Of EEG Be Stored Correctly?
- What Are The Ways Of Cleaning Electrodes Of EEG?
- How Many Electrodes Are Used On EEG?
- What Is The 10 20 Electrode System In EEG Recording?
- What Are The Main Patterns Of Electrodes Of EEG?
- How Long Do Electrodes Of EEG Last?
- What Is The Influence Of The Temperature On The Slope Of Electrodes Of EEG?
- Why Do Electrodes Of EEG Have Different Backing Materials?
- What Is The Difference Between Wet Gel And Solid Gel In Electrodes Of EEG?
- Why Is Skin Abrasion Recommended before Attaching Electrodes Of EEG?
- Are Electrodes Of EEG Latex-Free?
- What Electrodes Of EEG Would You Recommend For Use On Patients That Have Sensitive Skin?
- How Long Do Electrodes Of EEG Remain Fresh After The Bag Has Been Opened?
- Which Is The Best Technique For Application And Removal Of Electrodes Of EEG?
- Should The Skin Be Wiped With Alcohol before Application Of Electrodes Of EEG?
- What Is The Difference Between Active And Passive Electrodes Of EEG?
- What Are The Maintenance Tips For Electrodes Of EEG?
- How Do You Find The Electrode Potential Of EEG Electrode?
- How Many Times Can Electrodes Of EEG Be Use?
- Is It Possible To Use Electrodes Of EEG On More Than One Patient?
1. What Are Electrodes Of EEG?
Electrodes of EEG refer to metal discs that are small made from either stainless steel, gold, tin, or silver, and covered with a coating of silver chloride.
They tend to be placed onto the scalp at special positions which are specified by the international 10/20 system.
Various Electrodes Of EEG
2. What Are The Types Of Electrodes Are Used In EEG?
Some of the types of electrodes used in EEG include:
I. Passive electrodes
They are made of silver or silver chloride and they tend to be used by many systems whereby the electrodes are attached to individual wires. They usually take more time to obtain great impedance and at times the desired impedance for some electrodes may not be effectively achieved.
Some of the types of passive electrodes include:
- BrainCap: has EEG hardware BrainVision MOVE or BrainVision BrainAmp Standard (plus)
- BrainCap MR: it has EEG hardware BrainVision BrainAmp MR (plus)
- LiveCap: has EEG hardware BrainVison Live Amp
II. Active electrodes
They smoothen the process of reducing the impedance of electrodes of EEG and generally tend to reduce the time taken for the preparation of subjects for EEG recording.
Active electrodes have sensors made up of high-quality Ag/AgCl (sinter) which is well suited for DC acquisition.
It enables recordings at high transition resistance to about 500 kOhm and reduces ambient noise as a result of electrical effects and artifacts due to the movement of cables.
Active electrodes technology improves the ratio of noise to signal even without the reduction of abrasive impedance and cleaning of skin with the use of alcoholic products.
Active electrodes have color LEDs integrated into them which show the quality of the transition resistance of the electrode.
The values of threshold such as yellow, red, and green and additional functions may be programmed by use of actiCAP Control Software and showcased on the computer screen.
It is mainly used in Event-Related Potential (ERP) experiments.
Some of the types of active electrodes include:
AntiCAP Slim And AntiCAP snap Active Electrodes
- ActiCAP slim and ActiCAP snap: they have hardware ActiCHamp plus, BrainAmp Standard, LiveAmp (all), V-Amp, and BrainAmp DC.
- ActiCAP Xpress: has hardware V-amp
- ActiCAP Xpress Twist: has hardware LiveAmp (all), BrainAmp DC, and ActiChamp Plus.
- Sponge based R-Net electrodes
It is made up of passive AG/Agcl electrodes and sponges which are held in place using a net that is durable and flexible.
They do not require gel for applications which permits rapid preparation and ensures high flexibility in the recording.
The system of R-Net electrodes is available in 32, 64, 96, and 128 channel configurations. It is important to note that the maximum number depends on the amplifier used.
Sponge-based R-Net electrodes are available in three different sizes namely small, medium and large.
It can be used with hardware such as ActiCHAmp plus, BrainAmp and LiveAmp.
Sponge based R Net Electrodes
3. Is It Possible To Determine The Accuracy Of Electrodes Of EEG?
The sure way of determining the accuracy of electrodes of EGG precisely is through empirically measuring it.
It can be ascertained by determining the EEG recording several times while rinsing it regularly between the measurements.
Once this is done the results should be evaluated statistically to show accuracy.
4. How Is The Measuring Error In Electrodes Of EEG Determined?
The measuring error in electrodes of EEG is determined using the following ways:
- Not basing the analysis on the electrode alone rather than as a function of the whole measuring system.
- Keeping in mind factors that affect the accuracy of electrodes for EEG measurement such as:
- Condition of the electrode
- Age of the electrode
- Electronics of the instrument
- The accuracy of the calibration
- The temperature probes
5. How Should Electrodes Of EEG Be Stored Correctly?
All electrodes of EEG tend to come with a user manual on how they should be stored either long or short term.
It is therefore important to read and implement the advised storage techniques for electrodes of EEG.
Some of the ways of storing electrodes of EEG correctly include:
- Electrodes that have PH and ORP should be stored with the wetting cap filled with the electrolyte recommended in the manual.
- Ion-selective electrodes should be kept dry.
- Those which have sensors that are conductive need to be stored in dry places.
- Ensure that electrodes that have polarographic DO sensors are filled with electrolyte and secured using a green protective cap.
6. What Are The Ways Of Cleaning Electrodes Of EEG?
Some of the ways of cleaning electrodes of EEG include:
- The first step is rinsing the electrodes of EEG using distilled water for about 30 seconds.
- Once they are clear of gel, you should rinse them using a wash of distilled water in preparation for disinfecting.
- Finally, disinfect the electrodes of EEG to remove any gel that has been loosened and was not scrapped off.
A Clean And Well maintained Electrode O EEG
7. How Many Electrodes Are Used On EEG?
About 19 electrodes including ground and system references are used in most clinical applications.
When recording EEG from neonates, a smaller number of electrodes tend to be used.
8. What Is The 10 20 Electrode System In EEG Recording?
It refers to a method that is used in defining the location of scalp electrodes.
The scalp electrodes are used in recording the EEG by use of a machine known as an electroencephalograph.
Each point on the figure to the left tends to show a possible position of electrodes.
9. What Are The Main Patterns Of Electrodes Of EEG?
Some of the main patterns of electrodes of EEG include:
- Beta (14-30 Hz)
- Alpha (8-13 Hz)
- Theta (4-7 Hz)
- Delta (1-3 Hz)
In summary, the amplitude of electrodes of EEG increases with a decrease in frequency.
10. How Long Do Electrodes Of EEG Last?
When electrodes of EEG are used appropriately, their expected lifespan is between 1 year and 3 years.
However, some clients might use electrodes of EEG for up to 8 years.
In pouches of electrodes of EEG which are unopened, the expiry date is printed on the pouch.
11. What Is The Influence Of The Temperature On The Slope Of Electrodes Of EEG?
The electrodes of EEG determine the potential between measuring and reference half-cell.
The EEG recording is calculated from this protentional using the temperature-dependent factor -2.3 *R* T/F whereby:
- R refers to the universal gas constant
- T refers to the temperature in Kelvin
- F is the Faraday constant
For example, at 25 degrees Celsius, the factor is -59.16 Mv/pH and it is the slope that one knows from the calibration of the electrode.
At varying temperatures, the following values may be calculated:
- -56.18 mV/pH at 10 degrees Celsius
- -58.17 mV/pH at 20 degrees Celsius
- -60.15 Mv/pH at 30 degrees Celsius
The influence of EEG recording tends to be corrected using either manual temperature compensation (MTC) or automatic temperature compensation (ATC).
Therefore, it is essential to be aware of the temperature of a sample used or to make sure you use a temperature probe.
When there is a wrong set of temperatures, there might result in a difference of 5 degrees Celsius.
12. Why Do Electrodes Of EEG Have Different Backing Materials?
An Electrode Of EEG Used In Sporting
Electrodes of EEG tend to have different backing materials due to the different applications where they are used.
For example, electrodes of EEG should be used for a longer-term requirement to allow normal respiration of the skin thus may be found in 3M micropore backings.
This design makes it possible for the skin to breathe and also enables stretch depending on the patient’s movement.
Electrodes of EEG which are used for a short term tend to have a high adhesion initially and have foam backing to offer support to the added weight of the adhesive applied.
There are also some electrodes of EEG which have a backing material that is non-porous and can be used for up to five days without causing skin irritation.
13. What Is The Difference Between Wet Gel And Solid Gel In Electrodes Of EEG?
Wet gel tends to have the benefit of acquiring ECG signals faster as compared to solid gel.
This is because wet gel hydrates the skin in a way that enhances channels of conduction.
Wet Gel Acquires ECG Signals faster Than Solid Gel
14. Why Is Skin Abrasion Recommended before Attaching Electrodes Of EEG?
Skin abrasion is recommended before attaching electrodes to EEG because it reduces the resistance of the skin by about one-tenth of unabraded skin.
This, therefore, makes it possible for the required EEG signal to reach the electrode as compared to the transmission of unwanted signals.
15. Are Electrodes Of EEG Latex-Free?
Yes, all electrodes of EEG are free from either synthetic or natural latex.
16. What Electrodes Of EEG Would You Recommend For Use On Patients That Have Sensitive Skin?
Some of the electrodes of EEG recommended for use on patients with sensitive skin include:
- 3M micropore of 2238
- Soft cloth backing materials of the 2239 or 2271 electrodes
- 2248 pediatric electrode
- 2269T neonatal electrode
2248 Pediatric Electrode Is Suitable For Sensitive Skin
17. How Long Do Electrodes Of EEG Remain Fresh After The Bag Has Been Opened?
Electrodes of EEG tend to stay fresh for about 30 days once the bag is opened. However, if the bag is double folded, it might stay up to 60 days.
18. Which Is The Best Technique For Application And Removal Of Electrodes Of EEG?
Some of the best techniques for the application and removal of electrodes of EEG include:
- Electrodes of EEG should be applied using a circular smoothing motion to the skin.
- Ensure that the edges of the electrodes of EEG are in good contact with the patient.
- Avoid removing the electrodes of EEG from the patient using rapid pull as this may cause a skin reaction or damage thin or fragile skin.
- When removing electrodes of EEG, ensure that it is gently lifted while supporting the skin and then counter-stretched against the electrode’s pull.
- The most recommended angle for removal from the skin is that the section of the electrode of EEG which is being removed is at 120 degrees Celsius for the skin which is counter-stretched.
19. Should The Skin Be Wiped With Alcohol before Application Of Electrodes Of EEG?
It is not advisable to wipe the skin with alcohol before the application of electrodes of EEG. However, this process might be essential in case the patient has diaphoretic or oily skin to improve adhesion.
If the alcohol is used, one should ensure that the area is well dried before the electrodes of EEG are applied.
20. What Is The Difference Between Active And Passive Electrodes Of EEG?
Some of the differences between active and passive electrodes include:
Active Electrodes perform Better Than Passive Ones
- Active electrodes tend to perform better than passive electrodes at all impendences apart from very low ones.
- Passive electrodes are highly able to accurately follow EEG as compared to active electrodes when subjected to fast voltage fluctuations.
21. What Are The Maintenance Tips For Electrodes Of EEG?
Some of the maintenance tips for electrodes of EEG include:
- Before application of the electrode, you should ensure that the skin is well cleaned using soap and water to eliminate oil and dirt. This is because any impurities will be transferred to the gel and compromise its adhesiveness of the gel.
- After usage, you should make sure that the electrodes of EEG are returned to the “ON” side of the liner and kept in the original package that is re-sealable to eliminate moisture loss.
- Ensure that the electrodes of EEG are stored at a temperature between 41 degrees Fahrenheit to -80.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In case the electrodes of EEG pick debris after use, you may wipe it using a little water before storage.
- Do not wash the electrodes of EEG using soap, alcohol, submerge them in water or scrub them using an abrasive.
22. How Do You Find The Electrode Potential Of EEG Electrode?
The electromotive force set up between the metal and its ion in the solution is what is referred to as the electrode potential. It may also refer to the ability of the electrode to lose or gain electrons whenever it is in contact with the ion solution.
Electrode potential tends to be termed oxidation potential. In cases where oxidation occurs at the electrode, it will be called reduction potential so long as reduction occurs.
The electrode potential is determined by suspending the metal electrode in a half cell into a solution of one molar concentration at 298K.
23. How Many Times Can Electrodes Of EEG Be Use?
The number of times electrodes of EEG can be used depends on the proper application, care, and storage by the use.
Its durability also tends to be based on the adhesiveness of the gel and this requires the gel to be kept hydrated, clean, and free from dirt and foreign debris.
24. Is It Possible To Use Electrodes Of EEG On More Than One Patient?
To ensure proper hygiene, FDA recommends that electrodes of EEG be used for a single patient. This is because when shared, patients may be subjected to cross-contamination.
All electrodes of EEG are disposable and thus when compromised, they should be discarded and a fresh set used on the patients.
Electrodes Of EEG Being Used On A Patient
You May Also Like:
For all your electrodes of EEG, contact us now.